FGC Bylaws Article XIII: Parliamentarian: The Parliamentarian shall act as advisor to the President, the Board, and other officers, committees, and members on matters of parliamentary procedure. The Parliamentarian shall serve at the pleasure of the President. (Revised 7/1/2011)
1. The parliamentarian must be able to use Microsoft Word and send email.
2. Act as advisor to the President, and other officers, committees, and members on matters of parliamentary procedure.
3. Serve at the pleasure of the President.
4. In January of each year, the Parliamentarian shall request that all FGC Officers submit suggested updates for their job description. The Parliamentarian and the Board shall review the changes and, if necessary, a revised job description shall be prepared and sanctioned by the Board. The Parliamentarian shall keep a binder with the current Officer Job Descriptions.
5. In March of each year the Parliamentarian shall request that all Standing & Special Committee Chairs submit suggested updates for their committee description. The Parliamentarian, and a member of their choice, will review these suggested updates, make necessary changes to the descriptions, and submit to the Board for approval. A binder with the current Standing & Special Committee Job Descriptions will be kept by the Parliamentarian.